Golf & Goblins is a golf platforming game. You have a set number of shots to complete each hole (level).
In the prototype, complete all holes to unlock the course score. This total is saved to your PC and can be improved upon.
- LMB - Aim & Shoot. General UI Navigation
- MMB - Pan camera on each hole.
- RMB - Cancel Shot (Also done by returning aimer back to line origin).
- ? - Hidden button power taught to player on hole 1 which is useful for floating in water!
Special Ground Types
- Shot power is reduced by 50%.
- High friction and low bounce.
- Causes sinking, but shooting is still allowed, although the water resistance hinders accuracy and power.
- Very low friction and bounce.
Golf & Goblins was created in 2 weeks for My First Game Jam: Summer 2017.
Thanks to the Itch admins as well as supporting gamedev community, including SolaceEternal, Eclipse, JimVsHumanity and Shout along with the other developers on Discord.
I created all assets (even the terrible music thanks to Bosca Ceoil!) except the various sound effects. Overall I had a lot of fun and created something I am proud of, although there is a lot I would like to improve...
Future Goals for the Project:
- More variable platforms e.g. rounded. hills/bumps.
- Moving platforms e.g. Windmills.
- Powerups - One hidden within game.
- Explore more varied gameplay e.g. backspin.
- Boss levels.
I hope you enjoy the game!